Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Being Content

I know that it has been a stressful day for all of us . So I think it is time to start thinking positive and look at what is already being done in our lives that can be chalked up to the "good" side.

Already - I see myself starting to back off from the small things that don't matter. I am learning to pause before I react to something negatively and ask myself "Is this going to matter a year from now?" If the answer to that is "no"- it is probably worth putting on a smile and saying "this is going to be ok". And as far as the big stuff goes ( the stuff that will matter in a year -like these guys coming home safe).....
Our prayer verse:

"And we know that God causes all things to work together for good for those who love God, to those who are called according to his purpose" Romans 8:28. My prayer is that we will all (soldiers and family) recognize the good things from this very tough situation. Start right now and try to think of something positive that has happened in your life already.

Good can and will come from this. I can tell you that I may not love Lee Barnes more today than I did 2 months ago, but I do know now how much I love him and appreciate him being here. That's a start.

More to come tomorrow....
Angie

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home