Tuesday, January 17, 2006

The Race Marked Out For Us

Lee attended the "Walk to Emmaus" over a year ago and I found the theme verse for his walk today. I wanted to share it with everyone. The verse is from Hebrews.

"Let us run with perserverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of our faith" Hebrews 12:1-2


What an inspiration it is to know that no matter what trials we face, all we have to do is focus on our Lord Jesus. He is the author and perfector. He is eternity. This year is not. This life is not what will matter when those eatern skies open up. The verse above is the end of what talks about "sin that entangles us". We all need to ask ourselves: "What entangles me? What holds me back from that focus on Jesus? What is keeping me from winning that race?" We all have a different answer to the questions, but we all seek the same finish line. Our life is the race. This trial is only a few feet. We are almost halfway there. All we have to do is keep our eyes on Jesus. Then this time won't seem so long.

Keep on Praying!!

Angie


(by the way- if anyone wants to know more about the "Walk to Emmaus" let me know. It is a life changing experience. They have them at Blue Lake but we attended the one at Camp Alamisco on Lake Martin. You do have to be sponsored to go. I would love to share my experience with anyone who is interested. Thanks!!!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home