Sunday, November 06, 2005

Where did all that candy go???

OK it is hard not knowing - not being able to pick up the phone and say - just making sure you are ok, do you want to have lunch at the Mexican place... Anyone with me? Yes I should be past this, or should I? Sorry - never done this before - and I missed dress rehearsal I suppose.

Our trials (this would count) are supposed to make us stronger. I joked with Lee before he left and talked about how I would be tough when he got back. It seems as though the week he left is when everything started happening. A breaker was needing to be fixed, someone was ugly to me at my child's school and top it off with a flat tire (brand new tires by the way) and you have: weary. Dial 1-800 cry-baby right? Well I just had to take a few steps back and say "you are a big girl; step up to the plate and swing." I found out the breaker is just doing its job- so the house probably wont burn down. Put the one who was ugly to me on the back burner. Went and got the tire fixed took 5 minutes and 5 dollars ( would have been free if I wasn't so hard headed). In other words- I'm making it. In fact - a year ago when I had some idea that Lee may be deployed it was so devastating of a thought. But now - he is gone and it seems like -a purpose.

Yes I still have bad days - Friday being one of them. We ate halloween candy for supper - no not kidding (sorry Lee) The bucket was full and the quickest way to get it out of the house was to let them eat it. And I was tired - so I did something brand new and we ate snickers, kit kats, 3 musketeers, smarties and mary janes until we couldn't eat any more. The kids absolutely adored me when we were done and I felt better than I had in weeks. Go ahead and call DHR. I'm doing the best I can - we just changed up the food pyramid for a day - so what?

But back to the point (hope yall enjoyed that) We (all of us) have to believe in what is going on where the boys are. I do believe that God has purpose for the journey that they will take. I have full confidence also that he has purpose for each of us back home. Please know that whatever you face: whether it is learning the latest plumbing techniques, learning to ask for help, or if you are having to put on all that gear just to walk outside and numerous other things in the desert that we cannot imagine over here; they are the works of your maker. Start looking at these things with purpose. Be bold - it is ok to ask God- how can I use this for You? It might not be obvious right now - but one day He will allow you to glorify Him- if you will.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

My prayer for myself and my new extended family - soldiers and loved ones alike: God I pray that all of us would not fear, but feel your presence for you are with us. That we would not be dismayed because you are our God. I pray that you would strengthen us and help us and uphold us with your righteous right hand. Thank you God that you are in control and we are not. God I pray for those tonight who need you the most, and I pray for those who feel that they need you the least. God I pray that you touch everyone with your Holy Spirit that we all would call your name before our own will and strength is depleted. I pray these things in Jesus Christ our Lord's name. Amen

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie,

Do you have another email address? The one I have comes back to me.

Thanks,

Joy'l
joylh123@yahoo.com

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home