Wednesday, November 16, 2005

being thankful

Sorry everyone that it has been a while- things have been a little busy the past few days. It has been a week full of kids and talking to Lee over the webcams and yahoo IM. Which is great, but bittersweet at the same time. I can see him but I can't touch him, which can be a little difficult and I am quite sure many of you can relate to that. I got a card from encouragement today from P.J. McClung and his wife, Donna. I'm sure many of you who have had someone in the 1/117th for a while remember him from when he was in the unit. PJ and his family have a special place in our hearts. You see he was there the day that Lee and I began our life together. He was the preacher that called on the Lord to recognize our marriage. And he layed a blessing on our wedding that day like none I had ever heard. I believe that prayer lasted longer than the rest of the wedding all together. I can really appreciate that now. Because God has blessed us in every way imaginable. We have a marriage that will last through the hard stuff.

We had supper at the church tonight and the preacher got up and was talking about Thanksgiving and he asked what everyone was thankful for. Several people shared, including myself ( thankful for the men and women who fight in other countries for our freedoms that we enjoy ). After I got home and read the card, it brought back those memories when Lee and I began this journey together. This, my life, is what I am thankful for. I love everything that God has allowed in my possesion to take care of while he wants me to. And most of all, it is an honor and privilege to be married to a man that will go halfway around the world and do something that only he and the others over there with him can understand. They have a sense of duty that goes beyond the reach of what most of us can comprehend. Whether those guys are your husband, your father, your brother, your nephew, your cousin, your son or your friend; you have something to be thankful for. They are the gift of freedom. And for them I am thankful.

I am repeating myself with this prayer - yall have seen it here before. But it fits.
And this is the verse that was sent in the card from PJ and Donna.

God I pray that we would not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, would present our requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, would guard our hearts and minds in Christ Jesus. (Philipians 4:6,7.)

As always, I would love to receive scripture that you enjoy. I don't care if I know you personally. If you have any soldier on your mind and want to pray for them, please email me.

lbarnes102@troycable.net

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angie, I haven't had time to read all of this site, but it is beautiful, and thank you for sharing. What a wonderful place to meet and share our deepest thoughts and prayers for our friends and loved ones.
Your personal prayer was so beautiful.I found myself reading and praying right along with you.
I know God will dry our tears and remove the lumps in our throats..... I loved the photos. The kids have grown so fast. They are beautiful!....Keep up the good work, and remember we love you.GOD BLESS ALL OF OUR MILITARY AND THEIR FAMILIES... Aunt Jackie & Family.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home