Saturday, November 26, 2005

The little things

A very dear friend of mine sent this to me - she probably didn't expect for me to put all of it on here. I removed names for privacy. This is a poem from a church bulletin that she sent. The rest is the email that was attached - it was so meaningful to me that I wanted to share it with everyone.


THANK GOD FOR LITTLE THINGS

Thank you God for the little things that often come our way.
The things we take for granted but don’t mention when we pray.
The unexpected courtesy, the thoughtful kindly deed
A hand reached out to help us in time of sudden need.
Oh, make us more aware, dear God, of little daily graces.


After reading this I thought about all the “little things” in life that we often take for granted. Since deployment I have come to realize that most of the “BIG THINGS” really don’t matter as much as I once thought. I miss holding his hand when we’re in the car and touching his leg with my FREEZING COLD feet in bed. I’m sure you feel the same way. Anyway, those are the “little things” I am so very thankful for and those are the little things I look forward to doing again. Only next time I’ll appreciate the “moment” a WHOLE LOT MORE!!!

Also, I am thankful for you and all the other ladies I have grown so close to during this short time. God has given us a wonderful opportunity to touch lives we probably would have never touched without this deployment. We have an opportunity to make new friends and strengthen old/existing friendships. (From the wife of one of our sweet soldiers)


I pray that everyone is seeing the small things that are important- may God remove the scales from our eyes so that we can see the true gifts of life

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home